March 3, 2008

Well, we did our duty and stimulated the economy. We had been looking at new vehicles for a while and we finally decided on a Jeep Patriot. At first we had looked at the Liberty, but then we saw that a new Patriot was just a little more than a used Liberty and it was a better size for us.

I'm not too crazy about black, but it was the only 4x4 5 speed manual in the area. We went through Don Miller, whom we had excellent service with. They were extremely nice and let us delay our pickup for a couple of days so we could get the new rebates that just came out. Two days saved us $3000. I'm happy. It's taking a little time to get used to it though.

This last weekend was the half way point for Tax Season '08, so it was mandatory that we did NOT come in to work. Friday night Brien worked our butts off in the basement. Then Saturday morning I got up early and got another round of mud and sanding done. Then we drove up to Appleton for Grandpa's 80th birthday party. We got home late that night. Sunday I actually got to sleep in. The dogs didn't wake me up until 8.

All the drywall is now up in the "living room" and this makes me very happy. It looks like a room now. I'm still trying to decide what color to paint it. I like the bold colors, but I'm afraid of putting such dark colors in a basement.

No comments: