It's been bothering me since I found out. My childhood friend just had a baby, and I'm jealous as all hell. Most people I truly am happy for, but for some reason, this just keeps bothering me. I know it's not a good thing to think that they don't deserve this child, but it's so frustrating. Basically the parents are children themselves. They can barely take care of themselves, how are they going to take care of a child?
Because I was curious, I looked up their registry. It was all the normal stuff, but then I found the car seat combo thing. It really pissed me off. They had to get an ultra expensive, name brand thing. What really pissed me off is that when I was reading the specs, it actually said that was to be used forward facing only. Now, I don't have kids, but I do have friends and family with kids, and it almost seems common knowledge, that for the first part of the kids life, he's supposed to be rear facing. Hm...buy the expensive car seat that they can't use until the kid weighs enough, or buy one that they can actually use. FUCK!
If you haven't figured it out, I'm not really friends with them anymore. It was just too sickening to watch them live their lives. The girl would pout and have hissy fits just like a toddler when she didn't get her way. The guy has a huge problem with "keeping up with the Jones'". They have every fancy electronic thing you can think of, and they can't keep their checkbook in the black. They live in a duplex literally two housed down from his parents. Oh yeah, and the dad owns the unit. They pay less than fair market rent, and have dinner brought to them twice a week.
They have it made. They get the fun part of parenting, and then when it gets too tough, they'll hand if off to one of the grandmothers. Two spoiled brats raising a child. Just what the world needs.
August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Most people shouldn't have children.
Post a Comment