I'm so sick of this mortgage crisis. These people went and got loans for houses that were too much for them. Nobody put a gun to their head and marched them to the nearest bank and forced them to take out a loan that was that risky. It is not my fault that Joe Schmo didn't educate himself before he took on more responsibility. That is what it is...RESPONSIBILITY! If you know that you have to make a $800 payment every month or you'll be thrown out on your ass, then that should be the first thing you pay every month. NOT go out for dinner, buy a fancy cell phone with all the latest features and then at the end of the month, when you have to mail your mortgage payment freak out because you don't have the money.
People today are greedy, lazy bastards. They want all this stuff given to them, but not have to work for it or be responsible about it. You want cheap health care? Be healthier and you'll most likely not have to go to the doctor as much. Imagine that. I have a high deductible plan with an HSA. I've been to the doctor 4 times in 3 years. 3 of those visits were for the normal annual exam. I eat right, I exercise, I don't smoke, rarely drink. I brush/floss every day. I know that this is the only body I'm getting, I better take care of it.
But then you get the people that eat crap every day, drink soda like it's water, don't exercise, and then go to the doctor/dentist with diabetes and cavities.
I do believe that sometimes there ARE emergencies. And that is what insurance is for. EMERGENCIES. You don't expect your auto insurance to cover your oil changes or tires. You expect them to pay for accidents. Same with homeowners. People need to re-learn the definition of insurance. It is your job as the OWNER (whether it be your body, house, or vehicle) to maintain and keep it running. Not my tax dollars.
I bought our house. I used MY income (not my husband's), I used MY credit (he didn't have any) to buy our house. I asked/researched what were ARMs, Balloons, and other terms. I made sure that what we locked in on was a payment that I could make NO MATTER what. It is always the first payment I make/plan for in the month. Going out to eat? Movies? That's done with what we have left over after I transfer a couple hundred to savings.
Do I have fancy house? NO
Do I have fancy name brand clothes? NO
Do we have iPhones? NO
Can I pay ALL my bills on time? YES
Do I have enough in liquid cash for 5 months worth of expenses? YES
Am I healthy? YES
Am I happy? YES
But maybe this isn't common sense like I thought. Do other people comprehend that you can't/shouldn't spend more than you make? Do they know the differences between WANTS and NEEDS?
Maybe I should stop paying my mortgage. Then I can get MY loan fixed with a lower rate, and the principal reduced.
www.wisebread.com
Seems like there are others that feel the same way I do.
By the way...
Investment = Risk
Risk = You could lose everything you put in.
Be careful, make educated decisions. Don't rely on someone else to do it for you. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!
October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, 5 months cash sitting around.
Wait till you have kids, then you'll understand what health insurance is all about and how f-ed up the whole system is.
Post a Comment