June 26, 2007

Tests

My life was pretty crazy for a while. Apparently getting tested for Lyme disease is fairly expensive. I don't recommend it unless absolutely necessary. I only decided to go in because I was hurting in ways I had never hurt before. All my joints hurt. It felt like I was 80 not 26. It hurt to bend over, kneel down, walk up/down stairs. My wrists and fingers hurt, I could barely shift my car because my knees and hands hurt so much. So I googled Lyme. I found that all my symptoms were there EXCEPT the one big one. I did not have, nor did I ever notice a tick bite or small rash. So, I get scared and call the doctor, because Lyme is just not something you mess around with. After some poking and prodding, and yes, some blood drawn, I go on my merry way.



I get the results 2 days later. The main test came back positive, but the blood count and blot test were normal; they tell me to come back in a month and get tested again. WTF? I'm thinking isn't one month a little too late to start treating it? But oh well. I did some more research and I'm already taking the medicine that is usually used to treat it. So I decided to not get tested again. The whole ordeal cost me just under $900.

Great.

1 comment:

lawryde said...

you should write more, otherwise people will stop reading