Yesterday was a pretty successful day.
Feat #1
I was able to haggle with the auto shop that replaced my starter. Knocked $35 off my bill. I guess I've just been lucky with this car. I've had it for 7 years, and I probably have only put in about $500 worth of repairs and maintenance over the years including oil changes and now this starter. I'll be sad to see it go. I bought this car with the life insurance money from when Dad died, so I feel like it's a gift from him. Ironically enough, it happens to be the same kind of car that he had in the 70's that he was in love with (I found this out after I had bought it). I've put over 100,000 miles on it driving back and forth to MN and everywhere else. Still gets good mileage and starts (once again) in the blistery WI winters :)
Feat #2
We've been finishing our basement over the last few months. Critical and his dad put up the studs and the drywall and then it's supposed to my responsibility to do the mudding. I learned how about two weekends ago and it was a new thing for me. First coat was kind of icky, but I was constantly assured that it doesn't matter because it would all be sanded and redone anyway. I applied the second coat on the bathroom last night which has a shit ton of corners and difficult spots. It was quite a bit easier and it helped that I had the practice from before.
I started around 7 and didn't stop til around 10:30. I was covered in mud, my hand was cramping, and I had to pee, but I was very happy with the way things were turning out. Most of the room will need the mandatory third coat, but there are only a few spots that might need more than that. If nothing else major happens this week, I should have it textured and ready to paint on Sunday.
Feat #3
I got my desk cleaned off at work. For most of you, this may not seem so great, but I have about 12 "open" sets of books to finish and I'm still waiting for information from most of them. So I have all these folders littering my desk. I got it down to 4. Feels good to actually see my desktop.
So it was a good day.
December 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment