July 27, 2009

From everything that I've heard about this story, it sounds like the only one being racist is the black guy.

I would be thankful if someone called the police if they thought someone was trying to break into my house. Then we would laugh about it later...."remember that time you called the cops?"

Instead this "professor" instantly calls out racism. Isn't he the one using that card? No one else even cared that he was black. He was being a jerk to the officer, so the officer arrested him. And then they let the charges drop. If this was some Joe Schmoe on the street, they wouldn't be let off. I use the quotes for professor because that title would give someone the idea that he's educated. Apparently he doesn't know when HE'S being racist.

Or maybe he has something to hide and he's trying to throw people off. Hmm...

But seriously, I don't get it. Until people stop defining themselves as Black/Asian/Hispanic...there will always be racism. It sucks that there's Black History month. What about White History month? or Asian History month? Why do the blacks get to be special? If you say because they were slaves, then we should definitely have a Jew celebration day, and a Women's day too.

I remember learning in grade school about the "Great Melting Pot" idea. Once you got thrown into the pot, you were no longer an outsider, you were an American. What ever happened to that? I don't treat people differently because they look different. I do treat them different if they ACT different. If you're a jerk to me, then you're a jerk! It doesn't matter what color you are or where you came from.

No comments: