I finally went to the dentist. It had been over 5 years since I last saw one.
I had braces put on about 4 years ago, and I've had them off now for about 2. I also went through a jaw extension surgery (I ate everything through a straw for a week - yum). Why would I get braces when I'm 22 years old? Well, I just decided that it was time.
It's funny, all my life I was so afraid to smile. It wasn't until I met my soon to be husband that I felt confident about the way I looked. He said he liked my smile, that it was unique. That's when I decided that I could handle having braces.
I guess having braces later in life helped me take better care of them. I brushed after every time I ate. I flossed every night. I went in almost every week to get them tightened so I could finish as soon as possible. Paying for it all by my self helped out too. Apparently insurance will only cover orthodontic work until the age of 21. They did cover part of the surgery though which was the deal breaker.
The reason for this little blurb about my dental hygiene is that at my dentist visit, the dentist AND the assistant both said I had amazing, beautiful teeth. I have perfect alignment :) No cavities. No gum problems. Nothing! Never before had I heard this. They were both amazed at how healthy my gums and teeth were.
So that just made my week!
August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment