September 24, 2007

The Curse

I've noticed that throughout my life, I've had this *curse*. It seems like whenever I get excited about something (doesn't matter what it is), it will always go to shit.

Examples include, but are not limited to:
  • my 16 birthday
  • junior prom
  • the first car I bought by myself
  • my mom's wedding
  • buying our house
  • picking Odie up from the shelter
  • and lastly - my own wedding
Last week, I accidentally allowed myself to get excited. Critical had found the sheet music for the song I really wanted played for the processional. I was excited for about 12 hours (I was actually smiling, and giggling like a fool) when it turned to shit.

A HUGE problem erupted because Critical had been confirmed catholic when he was a kid, and some of the catholics attending our wedding were having a problem with it. They had decided that because he hadn't gotten a special dispensation from the bishop, (we are not catholic, nor will we ever be) our marriage would be invalid. Yes folks, that was the word used. I was so irate. I couldn't do anything without shaking or bursting into tears. The people involved were supposed to be very close family friends. They were concerned that by participating in an invalid wedding, they would be commiting a sin against the church. EXCUSE ME?!

That happened several days ago and now it is almost resolved.

But the curse won. The excitement is gone.

4 comments:

lawryde said...

If I remember right, I ruined your junior prom by getting sick.

I don't recall what happened on your 16th birthday though?

B.B. said...

A Mr. Logan Dietsche was involved with the birthday. Wonder if he ever grew up...

No hard feelings about the prom though. I was perversely satisfied by seeing Aubry's face when we had the same dress :)

lawryde said...

http://home.new.rr.com/berceauhomepage/logan.html

B.B. said...

Nice investigative work lawryde!
I guess he hasn't grown up...lovely pictures, don't you think?