This whole business about having a fancy wedding is just obnoxious. I'm an accountant, so naturally my brain is processing this wedding as a profit/loss situation. We're spending a nice chunk of change to have this "nice" wedding.
I've calculated it out (because, yes, I'm that nerdy) that every person attending will cost us around $30. And that is EVERY person, not family. A family of 4 needs to give us a gift that is equal or greater than $120 for us to come out even. So now I see all this money that we could have spent buying the things that people are supposedly *giving* us. After looking at our registries, we would have saved around $2500 if we had just bought the things ourselves.
I think I may have pissed off my mother-in-law. She wanted us to invite about 25 of her personal friends. Critical and I have never even met some of them. She explained that they would be attending because of her. Maybe I'm off base here, but shouldn't they be attending because of us? Well, they didn't make the guest list, so now she has to fend them off because she had told them months ago to "save the date" without even asking us.
I feel stupid about writing about my wedding. It's not very interesting to anyone else, but it's the only thing worth mentioning that is going on in my life. In one month it will be over and done with and I won't have to worry about it any more.
We did go and see Balls of Fury. Any movie with Christopher Walken should be seen. It was pretty funny, but I've seen better. The other movie we wanted to see was War, but we only had enough time for one movie this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have this memory of a sleepover with Critical's brother. I don't recall how old I was, maybe like 12 or something?
Critical's mom came down and yelled at us for being so loud.
It's strange how people are forever a certain way in your mind based on the memories you have of them. Like, whenever you mention Critical, I have this picture in my head of him as this really young kid who bothered myself and Critical's brother.
Make sure you take the time to enjoy your wedding. If you're having trouble at any given time, I suggest liquor.
Post a Comment