I'm trying my best to get in the Christmas spirit, but it's just not working. I really don't want our first Christmas together to suck. We decided to not get a tree this year because we have absolutely no place to put it. The basement is still torn up and our living room is just not big enough to hold our furniture and a tree. Not to mention that Rocky really likes to pull the ornaments off the tree and eat them for snacks. He really likes the pine needles too. Strange dog.
I think that when we have kids it will be easier to get in the mood. I know that working in retail way back when killed most of the *spirit* in me. People are just too damned crazy about buying stuff. Crit and I both refuse to go out on Black Friday just because of that. I once saw two middle aged mothers fighting and screaming over a $5 toy that we were giving away at Shopko.
I talked with my mom this afternoon. Apparently one of my aunts is causing havoc in the family. My uncle died last Christmas and she's already smiling and boasting about how much money he left her/how much she's inheriting because of him. Looking at some of the accounts, it's over a million. It's irritating everyone that she's acting this way. My uncle was a really great guy and it's just not fair that a good guy died instead of a jerk. I guess every family has someone that's an ass.
November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment