This last weekend, hubby and I worked on the basement. We finished hanging the drywall in the bathroom, and I was able to start on mudding. This was a new thing for me and I was eager to learn. And now I have a lot of respect for the professionals. It took me a couple of tries to get the corners right. The damn stuff kept dripping off my trowel. I think I lost about a gallon just to the floor. The first one I did ended up being the best one. Beginner's luck I guess. I would either scrap too much off or leave too much on. It was rather frustrating. We're resting tonight to let the mud dry before I go for coat number two. I'm hoping that I'll be able to texture it by the end of this week, paint next week, and have the floor and toilet put in two weeks from now. Then it will be done and I'll be happy.
The dogs have been real troopers through all this construction. Their favorite game is to sneak downstairs and steal something. You can't imagine how much crap I found upstairs when we were done. There would be chunks of wood, plastic pipe scraps, and water valves (Odie's favorite) under the couch where he likes to chew. Rock likes to lick the drywall dust and any other piece of wood he can find. We have very odd dogs. But I love them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment