So I can cross another thing off my Life-Time To Do list
I finally made it to an Offspring concert. We left Friday afternoon and drove the 4 hours to St. Paul. The concert was at 6:30 and we got there in plenty of time. The first band was just awful. I can't even remember the name of them. Second was Drop Kick Murphys, which I thought were better, but still awful. Both of the bands had shitty sound guys. Or maybe the bands just sucked. Could be either. Offspring finally went on around 9:30 - I think. They sounded much better although one of the guitarists seem to have had a lot of feedback from his amp. It was a pretty decent show after they started.
I can't believe how old they are. Still love them though. My brother got me started on them in high school. I had an offer of free tickets when I lived in Minneapolis, but I didn't want to go by myself. When I heard they were touring again, I decided I wasn't going to miss this one too.
Drove back home at 7 am on Saturday. Very exhausting 24 hours. Happy now.
June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment