I have this theory. If you put all your excitement into one day, you'll most likely be disappointed. So my solution is this: plan to celebrate your birthday a couple of days before it happens. You'll most likely have a better day. This way there's no "real" stress/worry about the day because if something goes wrong - well, it's not REALLY your bday so it doesn't matter. This way you get a couple of tries. Then your actual bday can just be a day.
Anyway. I turned 27 yesterday. I really don't feel it. I know it'll probably set in later.
I decided that I was a good girl and bought myself some fancy new toys. I've been wanting a laptop for a while now. They had a good deal on a couple of them and luckily I married a computer dude so he was able to tell me if it was any good. So here I am, on my new puter. I also got me a handy new mp3 player. There's this awesome website - woot.com - that has one good deal a day. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's not. So 4 gb mp3 for $50. Woohoo! Also got a new camera and fancy printer for $150. This would not have been purchased if my old camera had not just died from drywall dust.
We're past the first hurdle at work. We were able to get all the payments for the 15th in. Now the next thing is to get all the W2s and 1099s done. This isn't so bad, but it just take a lot of checking and verification.
And people conveniently forget to tell us important things such as they hired a new person, or that they received a notice from WIDOR or IRS and paid it without asking us. That's the worst. One guy went and set up his company, but he checked the wrong box on the form and now we have to sit and wait to hear from the IRS on how he needs to be taxed. So he made about $5000 in payments for 941/state withholding taxes, but he can't get it back until we get it sorted out. And he's going to be paying in about $15,000 more because he'll most likely be taxed as sole prop instead of S corp. So he has to pay SE tax. If he had just waited and asked us first....argh.
On another note the bathroom is about 95% done. It's fully operational with toilet, shower, and sink. It just needs trim, light fixtures, and paint touch ups (the shower door had a fight with the wall and won). So last night Brien finished putting up the corner pieces on the tv cubby so I could start on that next. Tonight is a rest night.
Anyway. I turned 27 yesterday. I really don't feel it. I know it'll probably set in later.
I decided that I was a good girl and bought myself some fancy new toys. I've been wanting a laptop for a while now. They had a good deal on a couple of them and luckily I married a computer dude so he was able to tell me if it was any good. So here I am, on my new puter. I also got me a handy new mp3 player. There's this awesome website - woot.com - that has one good deal a day. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's not. So 4 gb mp3 for $50. Woohoo! Also got a new camera and fancy printer for $150. This would not have been purchased if my old camera had not just died from drywall dust.
We're past the first hurdle at work. We were able to get all the payments for the 15th in. Now the next thing is to get all the W2s and 1099s done. This isn't so bad, but it just take a lot of checking and verification.
And people conveniently forget to tell us important things such as they hired a new person, or that they received a notice from WIDOR or IRS and paid it without asking us. That's the worst. One guy went and set up his company, but he checked the wrong box on the form and now we have to sit and wait to hear from the IRS on how he needs to be taxed. So he made about $5000 in payments for 941/state withholding taxes, but he can't get it back until we get it sorted out. And he's going to be paying in about $15,000 more because he'll most likely be taxed as sole prop instead of S corp. So he has to pay SE tax. If he had just waited and asked us first....argh.
On another note the bathroom is about 95% done. It's fully operational with toilet, shower, and sink. It just needs trim, light fixtures, and paint touch ups (the shower door had a fight with the wall and won). So last night Brien finished putting up the corner pieces on the tv cubby so I could start on that next. Tonight is a rest night.
No comments:
Post a Comment