This is rather fresh in my mind since it only happened a few hours ago.
I have a client that isn't doing well financially. He barely makes $5000 for the whole year. He has negative cash flow. What he does is opens a new credit card because he can get "0% financing" or some such bullshit. Then he takes out cash advances and pays 22% interest on this. So he carries an average card balance of $14,000. This wouldn't be too bad. BUT HE HAS 12 CARDS OR MORE!!!!!!!!! WTF? Last year we tried to get him straightened out and he had over $100,000 just in credit card debt. When he needs money, he goes to an ATM and cash advances 400, 1000, sometimes even 5000.
Unfortunately there is no way to help this guy. He's 70-something and really won't change the way he's doing things. I just feel horrible for his wife though. I guess she doesn't let him do their personal finances. Thank God! The only way to get rid of this is to file bankruptcy. He says he can't afford to retire. I bet he'd have more money if he did retire. Agh. Why do people do this stupid shit? I wish I could cut up his cards. It's hard for me to feel sorry for him when he complains about not having any money. Maybe if he didn't do such stupid shit and learned some self control when it comes to money he'd HAVE more.
January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment