January 5, 2008

Hell '08

Tax season has officially begun. This means, working late almost every night and also on Saturdays. At first I wasn't sure if I would make it through this year. My depression is starting to kick in and I can't seem to beat it this time. Luckily I have an amazing husband and two awesomely cute dogs to make me smile. The last few weeks I've been feeling down. Yesterday was horrible. It was one of those days that everything goes wrong.

I had to go to the DMV to renew the ol' license and I thought I could go to the "Express" DMV in the mall. Not much of an express. There was only 1 guy working it, and he had to take several bathroom breaks which resulted in him having to kick everyone out of the small office so he could lock the doors. An hour and half later, I had my new license, which has an extremely horrible picture, but I didn't care. I just wanted to get out of there.

The only thing good that happened yesterday is that my new laptop got shipped. It wasn't supposed to ship until next week because of some back ordered thing, but now it should get here on Monday - thanks to DHL.

This morning, at 6:30 in the office, I'm feeling pretty good. I feel like smiling and I have an unusual amount of energy.

I signed up for this wellness program through our insurance. If you visit your gym of choice 60 times in 6 months they will give you $200. That's 10 a month. I can do that. I need to. I weigh more now than I ever have in my life. I'm not fat...but I'm not exactly healthy either. I know I'll never be a size 3 again, but I hope to be a 7, just so I can fit into my dress clothes. It's funny. I used to be walking/running for 8 or more hours when I worked at Shopko. Now I'm on my butt for that time. I can't even run a mile anymore. Argh.

Listening to: Beer -Reel Big Fish :)

2 comments:

lawryde said...

You get paid overtime?

B.B. said...

We get a bonus 12/31 and again on 4/30. We do get Friday afternoons off in the non-tax season though. But other than that, no. I'm salary.