The last few days I've been feeling a little down. Last week I was high as a kite. I hadn't felt that good in a long time. Now I swung low again. The only thing that I've noticed is that last week I was listening to music more. Tonight I plugged back in to my fun little mp3 player and I actually feel better. I hadn't realized how much music affects my mood. I used to listen to music all the time.
One of the best songs ever is Beer by Reel Big Fish. I don't know why, but that song just gets me out of the slump. I think because I have such a strong memory attached to it. I lived in Minneapolis for a while, and Brother and I used to go driving and then out for coffee. It would be 11 at night, the roads were mostly clear and he would be driving the interchange at 90. God the Fiero could corner like you wouldn't believe (I still have a set of keys - just a little memory of Dad that I had to keep). The best section ever is coming onto 394 from 94E. He also used to take me out around the lakes. I miss that so much it hurts. We're both happily married now, but I miss him. We got lucky and actually have a good relationship. I know not many people have that with their siblings.
Anyway, I've been trying to find new music. I confess I've been out of the loop for a while. One site that's pretty helpful is Pandora. It's a nifty little "radio" station that you can customize. You tell it what songs you like, and it tries to find other songs like it. And then when Glycerine comes on you crank it up, and life is good.
I also like singing. I'm not fantastic, but I can carry a tune. I would never try out for Idol, but singing does make my happy. I have a problem projecting though. Never was a loud person. I used to work at Lands End at the call center. I would sing the entire commute. It "warmed" up my voice for my shift. I guess I have a good phone voice too.
So - any music suggestions? I like just about everything.
January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Muse, not so much their new album, but the one prior "Absolution"
It's awesome.
Rise Against, their new one and one prior are good.
I also dig that Paramore track Misery Business and Sixx AM track Life is Beautiful.
Post a Comment