July 26, 2007

As our wedding day approaches, I think about my dad more and more. First I get angry because he chose death over life. Then I turn sad and get horribly depressed because I'll never see him again. He'll never meet Brien. He'll never know his grandchildren.

I also know that the awkward situation of the father/daughter dance is going to cause a problem. Mary will inevitably want to dance with her son, which is more than reasonable, but I know that I can't do it. Don't get me wrong, there are a couple of men in my life that would gladly take up the responsibility. It just seems like an insult to my dad is all. I'm already having my brother walk me down the isle. I just don't want to start bawling on my wedding day.

On another note...

I went down to Belleville yesterday to work on a client's set of books. Every time I drive down there it amazes me how beautiful it is. It's about 20 miles south of Madison and it's all rolling hills. Nothing gets your spirits up better than the windows down, radio blaring, cruising out in the middle of nowhere.

No comments: