July 9, 2007

They announced today that they found a body along Hwy 12. It is most likely, but not confirmed, the missing woman from Whitewater. It makes me sick to my stomach to think that for the last two weeks people have been driving right by her body.

Not too long ago the little boy from Nekoosa was found, but his was an accidental death. I cried when they said he had drowned. All I could think about was this little boy that was out in the blistering heat, hungry, and tired. He probably fell into the pond when he was trying to get a drink. He died alone and scared. It rips my heart apart.

Then there was the story about the dad that was taking a nap and two kids were playing. The littlest one crawled into the dishwasher - the kind that starts with the push of a button. The older brother had accidentally hit the button. The little girl died. I can't imagine how the da felt.

I really want to have kids, but I worry too much. The thought of losing a child scares the hell out of me. I know that every parent has that fear, but every time another story like this comes out, I almost don't want children. I don't know if I can emotionally survive a loss like that. I think about my grandmother. She's buried two sons so far. It's funny - I'm not afraid to die, but I am afraid of losing someone.


No comments: