July 9, 2007

Off

So I was on vacation and vowed to not check emails or play on the internet the whole time. I barely answered my phone. I decided that I wanted to be unreachable...sort of.

Wednesday: I cleaned house while Brien was at work. Did some laundry and read a book out in the sun. Took a nap. A very successful day. That night we had one fountain to light off. The mother of all fountains. I think it lasted around five minutes. There was lots of sparks, screams, and poppy things. Thanks Joe.

Thursday: Went and saw Transformers. Best $10 we ever spent. I didn't remember much about the story line from when I was kid because Karl was the one that had them, not me. The movie score was very nicely done, and watching them transform never got old. I only hope that TMNT doesn't suck. Continued to relax.

Friday: Worked on the basement. We ripped out another wall and taped off where the new walls are going to go. Brien's dad said this was a true test of a good marriage - if we could decide on this without getting into a big fight. It only took us a couple of hours and a trip to Home Depot. Ha Ha - we win. We were going to try and make it to Olbrich Gardens, but it was just too hot.

Saturday: I made an impromptu drive up to Rapids to see family and friends. I bummed around, swam in the lake and just relaxed. I saw my parents house - they now have walls, although they are waiting for the guy to spray the texture on. Decided to drive back to Madison so I could sleep in my own bed. Only slightly disappointed that there was no tennis.

Sunday: Brien and his dad worked on making the floor. Hopefully on Tuesday or Wednesday I'll be able to stand next to the washer and dryer instead of playing hopscotch over the boards that are glued down in front of it. I took Rock to the dog park in the morning before it got too hot. We only made it around twice, but I went with the neighbor lady and her two goldens so Rock got to play a little bit. I tried going for a bike ride and I realized how out of shape I am. Argh. More relaxing followed.

So yeah. Good vacation, not long enough though.

No comments: