Friday again. This was a week of hell. Work was extra crazy because all the quarterly reports are due. The 941 payments had to be posted by the end of today in order to be considered timely. This particular stress was expected, and I was prepared for it. What I was not prepared for was everyone and their brother having some kind of crisis. Six clients needed to have their books done within hours of giving us the information. This means I needed to drop everything and cater to their needs. Stress level medium.
Then Tuesday afternoon my coworker's son somehow got into her heart medicine. She had to rush home and get him to the emergency room. Because he is only seven years old and weighs under 80lbs, he needed to stay in ICU until his heart would beat normal again (around 72 hours). Did I mention he has Down Syndrome? What if it was my kid? I can only imagine the fear. Again my fears of being a parent... Stress level moderately high. He is doing ok - by the way
Friday rolls around. Kind of nice because we only have the office open until noon. Once 12:00 rolls around, we shut off the phones and just get work done. Around 9:30, one of the computers was infected with a Trojan horse. Shit. All the computers were scanned, and all are infected. Great. All the data is stored on the server, but we handle such sensitive data that we decided to not do anything until we got it resolved. Stress level very high. Morning is shot.
After a couple of hours of research and several scans later, it was determined to be a false positive. Work resumed.
Went to have lunch with Brien, but I forgot my phone today. I happened to park in the one spot that he couldn't see from his office window. I waited for 15 minutes and had to leave. Argh.
Got home around 4. Odie and Rock were waiting by the front door. Both were sitting very nicely with their tails wagging. It could have been on a post card. Stress level zero. I'm very happy to be home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment