July 27, 2007

I think I know why the wedding plans have been bothering me. Last night I was getting ready for bed and it occurred to me that I had not found a way to include my dad. I kept thinking about my brother's wedding (he had a special token that was just for Dad). I need that too. Something to have that proved he was there.

So last night it popped in my head. My dad had always taken pictures of us kids. I remember going to various parks, river fronts, and sometimes even just out in the woods. So there are boxes full of pictures telling our childhood stories. Well, I have his camera. The one that is so nice and expensive we were never ever allowed touch it. To have our picture taken with his camera would make it extremely sentimental. It may sound silly, but I think that it would complete the day for me.

The only problem is that it's an old manual camera and I have no knowledge of how to adjust lighting and shutter speeds. There are also about 6 different lenses with probably 50 filters. I always assumed you wanted the fastest shutter speed. I took the camera out last night and played around with it. The shutter speed isn't as fast as I remember it. So I need to take it to someone who actually knows something about cameras and make sure it's in fine working order.

I feel better already.

No comments: